Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 11 - Disneyland! Final day!

So Wednesday we had our last day of Disneyland! 
We hit California adventure first .... the boys were in fine form!  They skipped down the entry - it made me laugh so hard because the Disney music is supposed to be so uplifting and magical, that one can not help but skip! Even grudgingly! lol .... and then there is Isaac, who looks like he is Jack Skellington skipping with those legs! (looks like a paperclip!)
On the way to the Tower of Terror!!  But alas, Isaac and I did not get a final ride because the wait was already almost an hour!!!   The park was really full day ....

The token Burdge boy Disneyland picture!! 

No wait ... THIS is the token picture of Isaac trying to tickle Elliot, like he has been doing since they were little!  He would tickle Elliot to try to get him to smile for the camera!

Elliot has come so far since he was little! Toads Wild Ride was the ride that terrified him (and rightly so!! It is SO scary - and one does not see it unless they are seeing it through the eyes of a little one, but Disney rides have so much darkness and scary characters and music.....)

All grown up and handling the scary-ness!! ;-)

Next was "It's a Small World"!!!  Such a vintage ride!!  We were in line around noon, so the clock bell struck 12 and all the little puppets came out of the huge clock!  I had never seen that happen!

About to embark the ride!!!  Such a fun family ....

Gotta love the miserable little photobomber hey?


We headed back over to Cars Land to use our fast pass that we snagged first thing this morning (otherwise, it would have been a 95 minute wait!!!!) ..... Cars Land is so beautiful!!  They have done such an amazing job making it look like route 66 and the red rock that surrounds the ride makes you feel like you are really there!!

While we were California Adventure ... the boys checked out the gift shops along the pier! We were going to get in line for the Mickey Ferris Wheel ... but the line was so long, everyone was happy to just keep walking .....

We actually headed back over to Disneyland ... and at the entry way was Alice in Wonderland and her whole crew including the Mad Hatter and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum....my favorite Disney movie!!  And the line wasn't long, but my family hates this type of thing, so after trying to ignore their protests of sticking around, I gave in and walked away in a huff......I was so close, If I had my time back, I would have just waited them out and got my picture taken with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (which were the 2 I thought were so fun!!)....because as they all saw that I was upset, they started chasing me saying "lets go back!  Are you mad?'  uh oh, moms mad....so I was quiet for awhile.....it wasn't a big deal, but I was upset .... yup, 41 year old woman, upset at not getting her picture with a Disney character! lol .... Here we are quietly in line for the Jungle Cruise, and as I peak over at Chris, he is quick with an apology .... he didn't realize how much I had wanted that ... sweet guy. I got over it quick, but that was the silly hangup of the day .... so I thought i'd snap a quick pic of our unhappy moment because we gotta be honest here!!  Can't have ALL happy moments!!

Time for the weird Jungle Cruise ... another vintage ride from childhood!

Strange Christmas theme through out ....


Next was Splash Mountain!  Cool lighting in the cave on the way to the ride - and sweet Elliot waited for us at the Exit ..... he patiently waits as he is NOT a fan of any ride that doesn't make him feel 'safe' - so plummeting in a plastic log over a waterfall, wearing no seatbelts, fulfills this.... he's a good sport, no complaints as we wait in the lineups!

Here it is only 6, but we were heading out of the park to meet with our old friend for dinner at a restaurant just outside the park!

On our way out, we stopped at the old style theatre that was showing some early day Mickey cartoons.  I loved that Elliot was quite mesmerized by the shows .... he is still just such a young boy ... still full of wonder and sweetness ... it's been a real kick spending so much concentrated time with both of these boys .....

This was what the park looked like when it opened!!

And here is Grant....a guy from our Qwanoes days!! We've known eachother for 20 years, it was really nice catching up - he's been on a road trip for almost 3 months now -- across canada and down through the states and then back up the west coast back up to Canada ... we were pretty stoked to get onto the itinerary .... I loved loved his mission of the road trip-to reconnect with people who have become his friends and his family over his lifetime....his itinerary sounded pretty exhausting but he's crammed so many people into these last few months on the road .... 
So, after dinner, we ended up not going back into the park .... we hummed and hawed because some of us wanted to do the Indianna Jones ride, and we had a fast pass to Soaring still to use ... but the crowds were still thick when we left, that we decided to head back to Carlsbad, which was still an hour away .... I think we ended on a pretty great note!!!!