Friday, December 02, 2016

Friday morning ... prepping to leave ....

The kids are about to leave for their last day of school this year and I just love that they putter on the piano together ... the current song Malea gave them was Leonard Coens "Hallelujah".....they are starting to play is just beautifully and with feeling .... its so nice to have music in the house .... 
I snapped that picture while i was at the kitchen table peeking in at my car rental - sometimes I do this to make sure i got the best deal!  Well, I had pre-paid for this car back in November because cars were even expensive at this time in Vegas (turns out there was a huge cowboy convention in Vegas the weekend we arrive)....so $850 was a good deal for an SUV for the month as cars were going for $900-$1100 on some sites!  This morning though, same company, same car, same dates, was $200 cheaper!!  So, I cancelled it, and re-booked it for $200 less ... and made a bit of money! ;-)
Today was also supposed to be the day we packed and cleaned to leave in the morning ... but Chris wanted to steam clean the boys bedroom carpet because it was so gross....however, this led to a huge purge and putting the kids beds back into bunkbeds!! And it took all day!  lol ...I was so wiped by dinner, and we hadn't even cleaned the rest of the house OR PACKED yet!!  It all got done...and the boys room is amazing now!!  It will be great to get home to clean and organized house!!!