Wednesday, November 01, 2017

New chairs by Marg!!

I have these great chairs that have nasty cloth on them, so I called up my handy mom in law to come give me a hand making them pretty again.  While I was waiting for her at the fabric store, I had picked out this pretty pattern!  My plan was to put a clear vinyl overtop of the material because, well, kids!!
Marg showed up after I had chosen it, and in her experienced wisdom, pointed me to the direction of outdoor upholstery!!  It was brilliant!  The material holds up to stains so well!!  I am so glad she suggested it!  Here she is helping the nice lady cut the fabric and please note, I dragged my chair all around the store that day! lol
 

My grandma had scissors like this, perhaps not as long, but these belonged to her grandpa ... I thought it was terribly sweet that she uses them in all her projects!

I was skeptical, so here she is proving the amazingness of the material!  This is blueberry smoothie that you see running off the fabric ... oh, and we had ribs for dinner that night, so that was the ultimate test.  (It failed a little bit because, of course, Isaac would somehow get some rib sauce on his bum (??) and proceed to smush it into the material as dinner continued.  It did wipe off in the end, but I could still see it faintly!  So that seat got exchanged to the captain chair that stays upstairs until company comes and we need all 6 chairs.  Oh Isaac.....the ultimate tester!!!

The BEFORE!!

The Beautiful AFTER!!!  She did such a great job.