Saturday, November 11, 2017

Pour Painting with sweet friends up in Comox

We came up for a potential overnight, but ended up just staying for the day because we love our own bed!  So here I am blogging on the car ride home :-)

Our boys stayed at the Priebes and played minecraft while Chris, Rich, Spencer and their German exchange student Nick, went metal detecting.  Apparently Rich didn't have the attention span to do metal detecting so they all went hiking enstead to this gorgeous waterfall!!
Shaleah and I headed over to Sandi's lovely little home in the woods to work on a project in her studio.  She is super crafty and Shaleah and I are NOT, but we are still game for fun stuff. I had picked up a pile of canvases at a local thrift store last week and paint and supplies for paint pouring. I had packed everything into the car in case they felt like doing this project. Sandi had made a Pinterest board for our day! She called it "sheshandi" lol as it mixed all our names. Some fun projects on the board but once I explained what I had brought up, we all quickly decided on doing my project. 

Here we are mixing our paints...
Dallas brought us coffees and baked goods. Lol. Ah, westjet pilot by day, Barista to artistic women by night!!
Here we go ....
The painted on canvases that I bought were perfect. Here is Shaleahs just as she brought the cup up and all the paint poured out!
The final - Sandi will send me the dried picture because I'm sure it will look much different than this! 
Sandi did her workshop stool! She was giddy over how it turned out!!
I did a tiny one but I was most excited to do a joint project where we all pick random colours, prep them and pour all together!!
It looks quite pink at the moment but I have a feeling it will dry looking super different. 
We all agreed that we made this painting to be the sisterhood of the traveling picture. Sandi's will be its first home and then will go to Shaleahs.  Hopefully it will make it to my house by the summer. 


Oh, and we fell in love with their cat....obviously.