Friday, November 10, 2017

Victoria Getaway ....

I had an ultrasound for my shoulder on Wednesday afternoon in Victoria. So I was very excited for another "excuse" to visit some friends. 

After work, as I was driving to Victoria, I had to pull over to a park and ride as my eyes started to close as I was driving!  I put the back seat down and splayed out and fell asleep for a solid half hour!  I got up and felt so much better. I went and got the car detailed and was at the ultrasound by 3.  

My first stop after the ultrasound was Darlenes house. She was putting laundry away, so I just lay on her bed and we chatted about life. She's pretty great.  She lent our family the backpacks we need to Thailand.  She tried to convince me to take home their chameleon. 
Sure, he's cute. But just as she was about to put him back, he hissed and almost fell of her hand!! Freaked the crap out of me!!!
We had dinner with her 2, 15 year old, twin boys. Bruce was in Vancouver doing a hospital shift in the hyperbolic chambers.  So we had a great dinner of shredded chicken, tortillas, avocados, sour cream .... She was excited to have put it all in the crock pot this morning. We all were shocked at the heat!!  The sour cream were quickly and we all laughed later to see the salsa that she used!!
After Darlenes, I arrived at Aisha's and she was already in her onesie, cuddling muffin on the couch.  Sweetest cat.  We both didn't sleep well, but it was nice to be there. Dean is a nice man ....
On our way out in the morning - she off to work, and me off to Kim's. Looks like we both got the stripes memo ;-)
I got to Kim's with enough time for a little cuddle with Aiden before he went down for his nap. I gave him a warm Winnie the Pooh blanket that came the camp Imadene lost and found and read him a story and he went to sleep. 
Kim set me up with a great latte as she put Aiden down for his nap and we visited for 2 hours before he woke up and I headed for home. 
As I was heading home, I got a text from my sweet roommate from qwanoes. We were lifeguards together and have stayed in touch.  I saw this and asked where she was!!
Then she texted a picture back to me... She was in the ceremony for the masters! Lol. 
So I was close to Royal Roads on my way home, so I raced to Hately Castle to surprise her!
Turns out "Royal Road Theatre" was NOT at Royal Roads .... So much for common sense.  The university theatre is actually downtown Victoria!!  So, I took a picture of the campus peacocks and headed for home. 
It was a good time away. Nice to come home.