We went to work with Jackie today … we piled into her car at 9am for her 11am shift. The rain was unbelievable … I am glad she was driving since she is so used to these roads and its such a big vehicle …. but when she dropped us off at the gates, we ran through security and were completely soaked within minutes. She set us all up with ponchos and umbrellas which were great for our knee caps and up, but all of our shoes were soaked puddles for the rest of the day. Turns out LA set a record for most rain that day! lol … and we did the rainiest day in Disney!
We loved the rides where we could stand undercover …. the Toy Story ride in California Adventure is one of Elliots favorites, so we headed there. We were allowed to get into California Adventure for free with Jackie but the Disneyland Park was blacked out that day ...which was fine with us!
The little mermaid ride ….
We actually hit up this ride FIRST of the day since it is all of our favorite ride! SOARIN'!! Flying through the air throughout the world! So fun! We even smell flowers when we fly over Fiji ...
Soaring through the clouds ….
Leaving Soarin' for Pourin' !! (see what I did there?)
So after a few hours finishing up our favorite rides at California Adventure, Jackie texts me and says the block has been lifted and we can head over to Disneyland. Cool! So the 3 passes we got by coming in with Jackie were park hoppers, but the 1 pass that we had to buy was only a one-park ticket because we thought we were only able to go to the one park...so I put my hand in my pockets to grab my ticket to go trade it up to the hopper so we could all go to the other park. Well...I feel around in my pocket, and the ticket I had not long ago (because I had looked at it), was no longer there. So, we tell the gate ticketer and they get a manager who tells us they can't help me and that my only chance is to explain myself at the main gates and see if they can do anything for me. So, the lineups are long (and even in the rain! People are crazy....)...so we are standing there for awhile, feeling nervous and I am trying to talk my family into going into the Disney park without me and I will go have a coffee and maybe go shopping at Downtown Disney, and they are having none of it...so we continue to wait in the rain … and now I am thinking 'even if they re-issue my card, we are leaving in 4 hours, and the last thing I want is to shell over $50 US to go into this other park for only a few hours'. Meanwhile, another ticket agent opens and so we walk across the lines to get to this other window we continue to wait. I am next in line, and a gentleman with 3 women behind him, comes straight up to me and says "Hi, I work here and I have an extra free ticket into Disneyland. The only hitch is that its only good for this one park and you have to come in with our family now. Would you like it?" I stare at him with my mouth open and find myself saying 'YES!' He says "Great! Lets go" and we follow their family into the park … Chris and I staring at eachother as we approach the gates.
As we are walking, I tell him what he has just done as I had lost my ticket and can't believe that he just walked up to me, out of everyone around, and offered it. His family was so sweet, we took pictures, wished eachother Happy Holidays, hugged and parted ways.....
So, here we are in the Disney Park ….
So, still not believing our luck, we set out to do all our top favorite rides …. unfortunately Elliot wasn't a fan but tried to give the ride a go, but still came off the train quite teary. He doesn't like the drops and the speed....so we were happy he tried it and left him alone for the rest of the day when he wanted to bow out of a ride ....
This guy, on the other hand, is always up for a fast ride with his mom!!
This was a first - we stood in a really quick line to meet this guy. Our family ALWAYS opts out of meeting Disney characters .... but Chewy is pretty cool. We were told to wait around the corner and Chewy would come and get us .... suddenly, this towering hairball comes around the corner, arms outstretched, and in total Harry and the Hendersons style, engulfs our whole family in a group hug! It was hilarious ....
Just a quick pic as we left Tommorowland ....the sky looked so cool.
So, while Chris and Elliot went to see the preview for 'Ralph wrecks the internet' on the big screen, Isaac and I race off to Space Mountain!!!
I love that I have company on these rollercoasters!! I used to have to go alone!!
My beautiful family ....
Haunted Mansion!! Love Jack Skellington and the Nightmare before Christmas! It was a pretty glitchy ride and some parts were pretty 'scary', but Elliot was fine ... which makes me laugh because he can take these rides, but kicks up such a storm with some of the other rides ....
We saved the best for last!!!! We all (except Elliot) LOVE the Indianna Jones ride!! And there was NO line up!! Sometimes the line up for this ride is over an hour!! Isn't that nuts?
He happily opted out of this ride ..... and because this ride was a big glitchy too, they asked if we wanted to go around again!! We looked over at Elliot, saw he was still fine, and said YES!! Again!! SO that was cool ....
We got to go around again because we had to sit here for a few minutes since there was a glitch ....
What a day ..... my sweet sweet man .... we may have eaten our weight in Churros ... ;-)