Saturday, August 22, 2020

Senior Teen & Day in town with Elliot

These two waiting to welcome Senior Teen campers .... 

And it begins!!

Elliot came with me to drop off the car at the mechanics ... we took our bikes and biked into town ... here he is in his happiest place - catching Pokémon, slurpee and tootsie pop ....

For childhood sake, I had a slurpee too .... still so good. 



Elliot and I helped in the kitchen tonight for the senior teen banquet.  I wish I’d gotten a picture.  He helped plate food and run it out to campers. At one point I overheard Sarah (head cook) say to Elliot “Elliot, thanks so much for helping” and he responded with “thanks so much for making the food”.  He left with his own plate of food as soon as he was able so I didn’t get any pictures but the evening was nice.  

I like both these shots of Sarah. She’s disappointed with the state of her potatoes- they were tiny when we served them and kept form when it was her time to eat.  Please note the shape on her fork. Lol 



Court and I watched chapel and got teary as we remembered together how fast time has gone by.  She would come to my door to take Isaac when he was too much and walk him around in a carrier so I could have a minute to recover.  And now he’s taller than everyone and turning into someone we are all really enjoy watching turn into a man. 

Socially distant chapel in their pods