After days of Isaacs dirty paws constantly being in his mouth, I am happy to say that tonight, he excused himself mid-Atom Ball game, to come over to me with blood on his fingers and his tooth hanging by a 'thread'. We got home, I washed my hands, sat him in front on my on our little stool, and he looks up at me and says "Will this hurt?" And I respond "only for a second".....he thinks for a moment and says "I've been through worse" I am still cracking up re-reading that.
Another awesome moment with my boys tonight, Elliot is playing with the new tetherball.....I see he is alone, and I put down my shovel (I had been helping Chris fill in the bark mulch around his new bouldering wall, see below)...and I say "I will play you!!!" {in a deep, foreboding voice....}. Now it's HIS turn to think for a second as I come lumbering towards him, he is obviously able to see I was a champion at this as a kid, and he says "Take it easy on me....."
I didn't have the heart to tell him that once I had a metal pole in my hand and took a swing at the tetherball, and it hit the post enstead and ricochet back and smacked me in the head so hard I passed out and was rewarded with a shiner. Not the most impressive story to explain the black eye....but it was better than the one where I tried to do a backflip off a diving board, chickened out half way through, landed on my face and got a shiner from that too.
