Sunday, June 23, 2013

Open House 2013

Chris has been working crazy hours.....here is one of the fruits of his labor.......the volleyball court that he got finished for the Open House on saturday was a huge hit.  I was very happy to see him even playing with everyone....he even got a few good spikes in there!!!
 I forgot how much I enjoy driving boats.....
 Trish and Court....part of the old Imadene girls club.....known them for 12 years, met them while they were still teens, and now they are both married with babies (or babies on the way)--and I danced at both of their weddings!!!  Court got dressed for her wedding in my house.......
 Daniel and I after an hour of driving....this is our "we are DONE faces"....as much as I had forgotten how much i love driving, you also forget how tired it makes you.....
 Mike we have known for a long time, he came to open house with his little girl (!!! he had a baby!!), and his beautiful wife....when I first saw him yesturday, I was say to him "Mike, your wife is gorgeous!! How did you ever manage to land her??"  He replies, "she looks like you....I had to try hard".  Poor little Levi did not enjoy being held by me.....i just loved that he had on an Imadene shirt!!
 Ashley and Mandy are the women who love imadene and love the WOA retreat.....they are my right and left hand at the retreat, so it was nice to be surprised by them yesturday.....they were more than happy to be at camp which is nice to see......
 Jim Badke!
 Here is Katrina....she and I were friends back at Qwanoes days.....and now she has 4 lovely kids and a husband who works too much.  The quote that goes through my mind when I see this picture "Be kind to everyone.  Everyone is fighting a hard battle"
 Jennie Lynne and I just trying to document that we saw eachother.....she is also part of the old imadene girls club, but we have always sort of been parallel friends....we are in the same environment, but we are very different people.
 Happy Place....
 Ava and her family showed up near the end of the day....Ava scored a ride with me since she was at the right place right time......

 Nic and her family arrived around lunch.....she and I walked back to the house so she could nurse Amara, and when she was done feeding, Amara and I left her there to sleep....she stayed there all afternoon and only was woken up when Isaac called the answering machine trying to be funny leaving a long winded message on the machine while he was down at camp, that I haven't even listened to yet......something about being the pizza man?  I just remember that utterly weary feeling.....she jumped at the chance to crawl into bed....
 Here is the lovely Amara.....I was telling Nic that if i was guaranteed a sweet spirited little girl like Amara, I would have a few of them in a heartbeat!!! But, I would probably get another boy...and my team of boys is at a good number!!
 Here is Auntie Laura and I trying to be funny!!
It was a good day.....hats off to my husband, who by the way, is still out at camp...he took a nap this aft and watched a movie with us, but he is back down there putting a cabin together....which really isn't in his job description, so I am unsure how this happened, but I suppose if he doesn't do it, nobody will.  He is amazing.  Good job my love.....