Well, he isn't officially 9 until this afternoon.....boy, that day is etched in my head forever. It was yesturday morning, 9 years ago, that Chris and I walked around camp, trying to calm down the contractions that were coming. Who knew the experience of the next 36 hours with be filled with so much excitement, pain, then terror, then a wash of relief with overwhelming love for this little guy. It's all a bit of a blur with snapshots of these amazing moments.
Similar, I suppose, to the last 9 years! It's gone by in such a blur, but with these beautiful snapshots of his life, so far. Words can't express how thankful I am for this guy....he makes me laugh every day....I can't wait to see what kind of adult he turns into. {well, I can wait....it's already going too fast already!!}
He hasn't woken up yet, but he will wake up to a few post it notes down the hall way, directing him to his gifts....then he is off to school, and I am off to a staff conference in Nanaimo. Chris will pick them up from school at 3 and meet me in Nanaimo. He has requested a toy from Toys R Us, and mussels for dinner. Then, thanks to work, we will be staying overnight in the harbor in downtown Nanaimo tonight...sortof a mini-holiday to celebrate our little guy!!! Happy Birthday Isaac!!!
As I finish this blog, I can hear Chris softly singing happy birthday to him in his bedroom as a way of waking him up....gonna be a good day! He's about to come tearing in here for his gifts....yup, here he runs!
