Sunday, June 15, 2014

For my dad on Fathers Day....

Life seems busier than usual lately, so I haven't really had many chats with my dad.....but this guy is a very important person in my life.  
I am transitioning to a stage of life where my boys need me less for their physical needs and more for emotional 'being there' needs.....I am constantly helping to navigate, negotiate, compromise and teaching my boys to do the same.  My dad, on the other hand, is transitioning to a time where the demands on him are becoming less.....and he can choose where and on what he spends his time. This summer they are getting renters at their house, so they will hopefully be spending some real quality time with us here at the lake. My kids are super excited to have their grandparents around more.....Isaac keeps putting his finger in my mouth when I yawn and says "WHO AM I??!!!"  {yeah, guess who! sheesh....thanks for that dad}

Happy Fathers Day...I am sorry you aren't feeling well this morning!!  Wish we were closer so I could put my finger in YOUR mouth when you yawned!!  LOVE YOU!!!!  We are going to make some really great memories this summer together as a family.....