Saturday, June 21, 2014

Open House

Here is Chris just before Open House reinforcing the Water Dragon that he so painstakingly imported for camp, along with 3 other ones - two for our camp, and 2 for 2 other camps.  The night before he wanted to see what it could do and got 6 adults on it behind the boat.  It wasn't too long before the middle inflated part where riders put their feet caught a wave and went under, and actually ripped all the way down the middle to the back.....he was mortified.  So, here he is reinforcing the 2nd one he ordered for the Open House.  I suggested that he may not want to use it for the open house because if it broke again, it would happen in front of a bunch of adults, and its also a new toy for campers!!!  So he ended up saving it for camp....I was relieved since I was driving boats that day and did NOT want to pull it!
We are a little older now, but this is a pretty replicable shot of Paul and I almost 20 years ago......getting our start at Qwanoes.
My favorite Auxano girl spotting with me for my shift......she is LIT leader this year so its been so fun to watch her grow SO much these past few years!
Nicole and her family came for the day !!  I don't get to see her often as I would like, but she is one of those friends who have buried their way into my heart and I will love her forever....she laughs with me and I am just happy when I am with her......
Elliot bringing his mama some water at lunch time....
Steph is one of the girls from our early days at Imadene.....she and I were fast friends.  We would run in the mornings and then jump in the lake together.  I haven't seen much of her in the past few years since I have had kids, and she has been making a life, but on seeing her at Kristins sisters funeral, and my reaction to when I laid eyes on her, I knew she too, was a friend I will love forever, no matter the distance.  So after I tackled her on the field and landed in her plate of food, we had a fun time laughing and catching up. I should find the picture of me ripping her off the double banana 10 years ago into the water with me....she was a lifeguard back then. Sun baby, just like me.
Speaking of sun babies.....
We caught a moment together.....today was a pretty momentous day for this guy.  When we started here 13 years ago, there would maybe be 50-60 people who would come to these super lame open houses....it was not an event we would ever invite our friends to.....but since he has taken over the program 3 years ago, and gotten his hands on all the marketing making sure anything that says imadene looks amazing, there was a record of over 600 people who attended the Open House.  I am so proud of this guy, not that its all him, but I do believe that God is using this guy in big ways here and I am pretty happy to stand beside him while he does his thing!!!
Ah.....my sweet sister arrived.......what to write about Carrie?  She is the one person I think who really understands and knows me.....she is one of my best friends and it was such a joy to have her in my space for a few days with her family.  I didn't feel like I had to entertain or make sure she was doing ok....she just blends and does what she wants while she is here....kinda perfect company....here we are on the beach watching Ellie play in the water, making sure she doesn't turtle herself in her life jacket.....
Michelle came up.....and we just started right in like old times.....I love Michelle because she is a laugher, so then I become a laugher....so when she leaves, you just feel lighter.
She loved Isaac....so I loved her.....I remember her dancing with him at Trish's wedding......
And here we all are at Courts wedding....(these girls are all coming up next week - well, Trish, Court, Kari and Kristin are - JL is already here), but I took that week off from work so we can all play together....and I can't wait!!)
Steph hadn't wakeboarded in over 5 years....not since she got sick....so she wanted to see if she was still capable...I jumped at the chance to be the one to get her back up on her board.....
Which she completely rocked.....
What a day....all these faces from our life here at this place.  The boys just ran and played on the lave forest and when they got bored, they went home for a movie.....I love the age they are at because it means I can visit and they are happy.....great stage and one amazing Open House!!!