Thursday, July 10, 2014

Baby Showers ...


It was a beautiful summer evening to celebrate two important women and the babies they had this year!!!  
This girl had quite the year this year.....full of trauma and blessings......losing her sister one evening and the arrival of beautiful Maryn the very next morning.  I have always loved Kristins forward thinking, confident nature ... when she arrived last Sunday morning, she arrived during Chapel.  They were singing a song that was sung at Alysons funeral.....It wasn't lost on her either that God welcomed her back 'home' here to camp......and as she left yesturday, and got into the car with her family, we could hear from the chapel as the kids were singing their final songs before they left.  And the song was the same song that had welcomed her last weekend.....it was wild.  And quite wonderful and touching.....God is so good.
Jennie Lynne has an almost one year old now who is AWESOME!!  Here is Bennett and I from an earlier shot I found--- isn't he handsome?
The girls wanted to make sure she felt special and we all went back and forth for awhile trying to think of the most perfect thing to give to her to help celebrate Bennets arrival!  But lets be honest, babies get so much stuff and its the MOM who should be celebrated for doing it ALL!!!!  She's been a mom of THREE for almost a year!!!  Its no easy feat although she makes it look quite seamless.  So, we all finally settled on giving her a choice of two things that we thought she would love, but couldn't decide between.  We all know she loves a clean house, but we also know that a massage can renew!!  So, we pitched in and gave her the choices...and she surprised me by not even blinking and saying " I CHOOSE MASSAGE!!!! "  I love it......way to go!! She is such a special friend who I will love forever.... She cemented that place a few weeks ago when she called me out on something i did that hurt her feelings and gave me a chance to explain myself.  That is often why female friendships can be so hard for me, because I can offend without meaning but I am not told when I do it....thus things turn weird and awkward and I don't know why ....so when someone steps out and courageously tells me, I know that my friendship is important enough to them to be uncomfortable ... that cements them in my heart because it tells me that I can trust them to always be honest with me.  Love you JL.
I also fell in love a little this week .... meet Maryn! Kristin and Dave had their hands full with Mason and driving boats and just trying to get enough sleep, that I got to cuddle this little one for much of the week.  I was rewarded with many of these smiles......oh, and she would just fall asleep in my arms with no rocking, shushing, pacing, etc...nothing like my boys...so it was such a treat!!
Trish and Kari ..... Meeting in the mesh tent is like the cone of silence .. whatever is said inside the dome, stays in the dome....and with these girls, you really never know what is going to be said .... my favorite part!!
So Kristin received a sweet book from Kari and read it to us.....I looked around after and all our eyes were a little damp ... stupid books that make us cry.  Life is just going so fast ......
Kari also got JL a super sweet board book for Bennett .... I love that we were read to.....
And to think it all began with this picture:
The first comment in the dome tonight was 'What made you think that 6 of us needed 24 cinnamon buns JL?'