Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Snapshot of Monday - Juniors #1!!!!

Amy is going to be great for my boys this summer.   They already love her to boys that even asking Elliot was today's highlight was, he said "Amy!"   They didn't do anything spectacular.  I left for work, they went for breakfast, tidied the house, she made eggs for lunch, they went to the library and I met them here at the park in Duncan at 2:30.
On my way to work I saw this gem being offered up for free. It's the old icecream trailer from lake cowichan!  Piece of good old cowichan history right here!!  But considering the depth of the project and that trailers are such a hot bed of debate around here these days, I told the owner that my husband would probably say no in the end......I felt Chris breath a sigh of relief as I got back into the car (even though he wasn't with me or knew what I was looking at, I knew he'd be looking at me with wide eyes silently praying I'd walk!
Nice day alone in the office, I got a pile of work done and cleaned out much of my paperwork.... Nice not having any interruptions.  
Then it was off to the neurologist for a check up.  He's grown just over an inch and gained 3 pounds since March 5th!
The big space astronaut introduction was made after dinner.  Here is Chris trying to "sneak" his rocket over to the outdoor chapel at dinner time on his quad.  You don't see that everyday.  
He is inside.....  Getting hot and a little angry that the kids are only trickling in and not pouring in with excitement. (Cabin leaders were a little, um, slow) poor guy... You work so hard on something and dream about the outcome and it is faded in comparison when it happens in real life. But to an outside like me, I thought it looked fantastic!!!
Hello!!!!!!
Isaac helping his dad with a ladder.  

And the game began.... The program team were bummed about the intro, but the kids loved it all!  They always do.