This morning was to readjust WOA campers to the fall retreat new date, or to refund ... so Lisa and I worked on that this morning. Once we answered all 80 emails with the responses, I started to call people for their answers.
Felt pretty weird asking campers "How are you" when I would call ... hence why I thought this was funny .... cause really, how are any of us really "doing" (insert air quotes lol). But most people were excited for the re-schedule, saying thank you for just changing the dates and not cancelling like everyone else is.
The afternoon was spent applying for EI, so that was something I didn't think would ever happen .. never say never right?
It was a weird day ... so when it's weird, its nice to cook good food ... enter HelloFresh .... this was an interesting burger made with a cheese that I was supposed to grill .... with a basil pesto sauce, tomato and lettuce ... it tasted good .. but the kids weren't huge fans .... but it looked pretty! It was a great dinner paired with a cider .... in bed ... perfecto.
For dessert, this kid was excited to use our drill to roast marshmallows in our fire place....
And I think this was the crux of what depressed me today ... until now it has been a bit of a novelty to be home, and be a bit more isolated ... but some of these 'NO', look so innocent, --keeping it under 10 people, going outside, 'quick' distant glass of wine .... just confirming no meet ups of any kind and it was sad!! So ... today was sad ... and that is ok. ... I have really nice boys to isolate with ... later today we will go hunt nettles for soup ... probably have to drive to Duncan for them because when we went out yesturday, there were none ... I guess it is still too cold up here...
Last night, on the local facebook site, we read about some excitement happening down at the school ... so we went for a drive ...
Turns out a woman capsized her boat up in Cayceuse and was in the water for an hour .. the amount of people needed for this rescue was wild ... and just confirmation to STAY home and don't take un-necessary risks because you could take many medical professionals away from where they really need to be .... I wonder what this lady's story was ... why would a boat capsize ? Was she being dumb? Either way ... that was alot of personnel who got her to the hospital safe ...including all our firefighters ....
10:30 ... and this kid runs before bed .... love that we have a treadmill ... we should get some free weights for him ... not sure where those would come from ....
And this kid, at 10:30 was busy sewing up a hole in the crotch of his onesie with the supervision of Mittens ....
Nice to go to bed .... it was a pretty uneventful, long day with people I love ... we are still safe and healthy and did our part to flatten the curve ;-)