Saturday, April 04, 2020

Saturday, April 4th

Started this morning enjoying this little diagram and figuring out which box I was yesturday and which I wanted to be today .... so - yesturday I decided it was box 8 or 9 ... and today I preferred it to be more of a 3 ... nurturing, loving, content.

Took a loop around the property with this kid today ....

I have been wanting some nettles for soup!  And Chris and I went out the other day and they were nowhere to be found in our area ... but I knew they were in Duncan and have been for a few weeks ... so today after lunch, we headed out to Maple Mountain and within 5 minutes of walking ... boom!  A patch!!

It's funny, once you see a patch, you see them everywhere ....

In 2 stops, we filled a bag ....

Chris was going for the above patch ... and then he reels back and I wonder if he retched a bit at what he saw below the patch ... I am still laughing ....

We stopped at Nicoles house for sourdough starter .... she fed it before I got there, and it continued to grow on the way home!! My teenager loves carbs, so I figured I will teach him to make bread this week ....

He wanted to do the mushrooms ..... dinner was good tonight ... salad, mushrooms, corn and baked chicken.....

Tonights walk and I ran into a sweet little deer on the front field ...

Meanwhile, next door, the neighbors were working on their own carbs .... Pasca ... Easter sweet bread!

And now for an old favorite ... I love Barbara Streisand in this movie but now as I am watching it, it really is dumb ... I just love the final scene when he comes to her window and says 'I don't care that you're pretty, I want to be married to you' .... (they are already married which is why that is cute), and then they dance in the street and its so sweet!!!