Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day....

We finished up our Christmas time at home and headed out to starbucks for a coffee on our way to the Burdges.  While in line, I just checked out facebook really quick in time to read that Mike had updated saying 'snowed in, spontaneous Christmas at home tonight!'.....oh no you don't!!  It's not Christmas unless everyone is there!!!  We were so curious if the roads were as bad as they thought in Crofton...because it was only slushy in Duncan.  We drove out towards them and found the conditions much different.....so after a little convincing, everyone was on the road and was able to convene at Burdges by 5.

Marg had the place set up beautifully for the gathering...as she does every year.  I get off so easy in this family....the big get togethers are here, Marg and Gordon work so hard to make these evening so nice, all I had to bring carrots and some snacks.....it was awesome.........we felt really special.
  Beautiful table setting....with glass candle votives from Mike and Lauras wedding.....
 Upon arrival, while dinner was just finished being prepped, Jenny and Trent put on a Christmas 'Shaun the Sheep' show....it's one of their favorites, and judging from the the audience, becoming one of their favorites too.....
 I helped Gordon make brussel sprouts with a balsamic glaze....my new favorite these days......he was just going to fry up cook brussel sprouts in bacon .... i suggested the glaze and he said 'go for it'...so that was exciting.....
 Shaun the Sheep....check out an episode on youtube....you will love it.
 Time for prayer, christmas crackers, telling the joke in the cracker, one thing you got as a gift that morning....and then buffet style Christmas dinner!!!
 I guess I always look this 'pensive' or mad hey?  sheesh, its a wonder anyone still talks to me.....
 Kids piling into the box that Lucy Goosey came in for Jenny!!
 Hanging out.......playing with new beywheels.....
 Spoiled Again!!!
 Santa Trent......
Elliot and his new industrial air horn. Thank you Auntie Laura......game on.....nieces and nephews getting a drum set next year!  Or a puppy at Carrie's suggestion (a great dane may be a little much....but we may be onto something!!).  Oh the joy it brought last night though......
 One happy grandma and her grandkids.....it was a really nice night.....
 Merry Christmas ...... it was.