Monday, December 10, 2012

Recovery Day....who knew we needed one??

This morning, I got up a little earlier in hopes to catch the early morning feeding of the turtles.  When I got up, Elliot heard me and got up to tell me he was sick....he was hot.  I gave him some water and put him back to bed.  By this time, Isaac was up.  He got dressed and came with me to the ocean.

He and I had a nice walk to the sea, he talked the whole way......we saw 2 turtles.....not as many as i'd hoped, we didn't go early enough i think!

When we got back, Elliot had curled up with chris upstairs.  We packed up and headed out after breakfast. 

We took the road to the Iao Valley State Park but found that the gate was closed for the morning, so we headed to the Maui Tropical Plantation, where we ended up bypassing the train and hung out on the grass.  Isaac tried to burn leaves with his new 8 in 1 tool, while the rest of us hung out and took some pictures and just enjoyed the weather.








 I think this was the last happy shot we got of this guy......it went downhill soon after this.
 We left the plantation around 11:30 and thought we may as well take in the aquarium since the wind was really high today.....luckily, we purchased the family pass that is good for the whole week!!

 Going down quickly......
 Elliot and I were holding hands in the ocean the other day when we saw one of these while snorkling!!!  Our first puffer fish in the wild!!!
 We thought perhaps he was hungry, so we opted for the terribly expensive aquarium diner.....elliot order an 8$ grilled cheese and then didn't eat it....now that we are back at the condo, we think he got a touch of heat stroke yesturday on our hike.  It was a huge hike for a little guy, and with the wind blowing all day, you don't really feel the sun.  We stayed hydrated, and ate all day, but it was alot for the little ones.
 He is drinking alot....he is SO HOT...currently slept alot of the afternoon away and now he is watching cartoons with his brother.  I try not to worry as long as the kids are drinking lots and peeing.  He is pretty hot and feeling miserable.....but tommorow will be better i am sure.
 Isaac isn't impressed that we aren't at the beach right now....i know how he feels.....but life is better when we are all together....so until then, we are hunkered down here....together.