Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thoughts from the road.

As we are currently in the middle of our homeward bound stretch, I am reminded of just how incredibly blessed we are to live where we do.  Words do no justice really.  But canada, BC, the island, imadene..... No better place on earth.  Don't get me wrong, we saw some amazing scenes while we were away and met some really nice people.... But they weren't our people.... Our community... And that is what (or whom) I missed most.  

Being with my parents for that mid-holiday spell was important because I felt home with my family.... But the Bahamas....now that is a different world!  I felt like a typical white tourist.  I felt very on the outs in a community who all seem to know each other, I was the outsider.  I envied their apparent closeness and loudness!!!  

I didn't envy how dirty most towns were and how unsafe I often felt.  But it was a really cool experience, one I am glad that my kids got to experience too. 

Amazing trip and very happy to go home.