Sunday, April 20, 2014

My poor husband.

It's been exactly a week since he cleaned a toilet with a harsh spray cleaner and his throat has been full of daggers ever since.  

He has not complained, he has not stopped work, just quietly sucking on cough candies.  He slept for much of Saturday but he's up most nights lately with his throat looking for relief.  

Tonight he says it's worse.  He looks so sad.  I've been dealing with my own health issues so I have been aware of his pain but concentrating on my own. It's funny the disconnect.  We just go to our own corners.  Doing life together but head down and trying to plow through it more seperate than together.  He has taught me not to coddle or ask too many questions when he's sick, and if you know my mother, you know that's hard for me. 

So anyways, I am here in bed, he is up with hot soup.  I wonder when he'll fold and go to the doctor.  I know I am close to making an appointment myself.  We can both only fight for so long.