Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Carrie is going away...and I am going to miss her alot....

For a girl who talks to her sister almost every day, or gets a call from her sister whenever a car ride is involved and company is warranted for the drive....I am really going to miss talking to her.  She is leaving tommorow for a month.....

As a side note, the last little while I have really seen a change in her demeaner.  I was telling her this morning that though she smiles in pictures, her eyes are often quite dead, or tired.  And lately, I am just seeing a joy that I don't really remember seeing in a long time.  I think she is finally feeling as though she is hitting her stride.  I love this shot of her and brad on his birthday this week....
This was a fantastic day, according to her...fishing with her boy and they caught a fish!!!  And then they ate it!!!  Look at her face!  That is joy!  She is so happy.
She is leaving tommorow for a shift on a coast guard boat (she's a mechanical engineer for the coast guard)....But fishing on the coast guard boat is her happy place....its like she has to work on the boat in the engine room in order to fish!!  But in actuality, a few shifts like this a year, means they can enjoy life at the beach together as a young family...and I think that thrills her.

I also think she has forgotten what kind of woman she is.....here are a few of the wicked awesome shots of my sister before brad and kids.....I hope she is reminded on this month away of all the crazy skills she possesses.  




I am going to miss you every day sis.....have a blast!!