Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ucluelet: final day; Sunday

Mother's Day.  A pretty loaded day of expectations that I tried to leave back at home and focus on being thankful for my own family and my own mother......so sitting in the sunny chair that I adopted this weekend while finishing this great book that I read over the few days here:
Isaac got about 11 hours of sleep and my sunny corner is the far back corner here.  
Chris is always eager to get rolling faster than I am....so after breakfast, we packed up and headed out for one last walk and time at the beautiful beach in the sun.  My face and nose are burnt, my kids are happy and healthy, and this weekend will always remind us of the weekend we learned that our little Jax is now cancer free!! We learned the news while flying kites together on Saturday morning..... So kite flying will always be special now too!!  This continues to go through my mind as I think about the trials that we all have to ensue: God is good, all the time. (Even when it totally doesn't feel like it....it is truth)