Friday, May 23, 2014

Isaacs grade 4 class comes to camp.

Introducing Mme Pegg....she seemed to have a nice time with her class, but even I couldn't get a lot of smiles out of her.  
But the parent chaperones were awesome!  I got the adults to join in on a game of nice square. Here is Maggie and Michelle.  Maggie is my doctor, and Michelle's son Jackson is friends with Isaac and she also helped to care for Isaac while we were in the hospital with his seizures (nurse).
After dinner, Chris and I took 50 kids and 6 adults on a hike through the old growth forest loop. 
(Note his staff shirt!!)
Emma and Isaac.  
Karen Ann did a great job leading some fun camp songs!!  
Elliot came on the long hike with us in exchange to play a few minutes of minecraft when he got home..... So here he is in his happy place playing minecraft with an audience. 
The group was so big with such a range of kids - the speeders that Chris had to run pretty much the whole time to keep up with (he was dripping with sweat at the end!!).... And then somehow I got locked in with the back half with one kid who slowed this whole group down due to his "sore ankle"..... It got to the point where I had about 10 kids and 2 adults and no sound from the front group and we had gotten to a T in the road.  One way was orange markers, spray paint on the trees but a really narrow path.....the other way was marked with a measly little orange tag but a wide path..... And nobody else who knew the area.  Arg!! (I'm gonna kill Chris when I see him, was my thought)....we took the well marked trail for about 2 minutes before I felt the trail wasn't well travelled enough, so I packed everyone back down the trail to take the unmarked one.  Heart pounding as sun was starting to set.... We came to yet another T!!  So as I  trying to get my bearings again, we see in the distance a yellow form, but it wasn't moving.  Finally, it waved and we realized it was a dad who had stayed back to mark the path for us.  Home free!!

Fireside, hot chocolate and warm cookies were waiting for us. 

Isaac got to sleep at midnight and the doctors kid woke everyone up at 5am yelling to "get up!!"..... So we decided to take Isaac out early from the school trip, and bring him with us to Victoria for Alyson's funeral enstead of sending him back to school and after school care.... He is one tired but happy kid.