Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Waffle Night re-ignited!!

As Jim reminded me this afternoon, the Auxanos are a third of the way through their first semester!!  I have been meaning to have them over ...so tonight was the night!!  

After a day in Nanaimo, the students came at 4:30 - I promptly taught Sarah and Cody how to use the soda stream and make everyone drinks !
Mel and Jon and Q came for dinner too!!  
I started to make homemade waffle batter but my brain was pretty foggy after being at work all day, and there was a lot going on and a lot of ingredients .... So when chris picked up the boys from Art class, I called to tell him to grab us a box of blueberry eggos that we could dip in eggs and cook up!!!  Thank goodness we did that because they ate almost the whole box!!!  And guess who did all the cooking??? Yup - Isaac!! And he served everyone else first before himself!
I pulled a mom-move and made everyone eat a bowl of the broccoli soup I just made before they had Eggos!!
Isaac made perler beads with Quinn!  He made her a Q that we put on a clasp to hook on her little backpack!  I love watching this girl grow up - especially now that we can chat!!  Super fun little girl .... Her parents are pretty spectacular too .... It was a fun night.  
Little side story of the evening. I was so proud tonight when Isaac unplugged the grill when he was finished cooking up the Eggos.....however, tonight doing the perler beads with Quinnie, he actually left the iron plugged in, powered on, metal down on top of the freezer!!!! Oh man ..... That could have been bad!!