Buttons stole my heart. We had one last cuddle before bringing them in. I cried on the way back to work. I really grew attached to her and JoJo.
Linda came with me....I wish she'd take buttons. Then I could still visit.
Work was brutal ...nobody knows what they're doing, caseloads are so out of whack, I was happy when it was time to go...(I want this shirt)but I had to race to see Elliots teacher and tell her that he'll be gone for December. She had to pee once I got there, so here I waited. She's a great teacher and was very encouraging. Elliot likes her, I'm so glad. But I didn't have long as I had to get the boys to self defense as they were being tested today. So while they were in class, I went to superstore to do my weekly shop. It was nutty in there! Screaming babies, lots of loud and abnoxious people there today but I held it together and got through my till will a huge pile of (well thought out) groceries, when as I was about to pay, the whole till shutdown!! I couldn't walk away (I couldn't do that big shop again!), but the boys were done and I had to get them!! I deep breathed and watched it all play out. She was planning on re-running all my groceries back through again!! Did I mention I had to pay for and pack all my bags already and they were all already in my cart?! Deep breathing .... I was about to lose my mind. But I didn't. I texted Chris to grab the boys, the till ended up rebooting with the whole order, and I left. But I was shaken...and hungry...and pretty robotic by now.
Chris suggested white spot for an early dinner since he saw I probably couldn't make it home ...and white spot had just reopened its doors after burning down last year, so we've been wanting to go for awhile. Good plan: eat, get home and just trick or treat. Well.... Food didn't come for an hour. An HOUR!!! And when it arrived it was SO BAD. 10 minutes before it arrived at our table, so we'd been there for 45 minutes already with nothing....I start to deep breath again. I lost it and bawled. Isaac crawls under the table to sit next to me....everyone is trying to make me feel better. I think I'm fighting something, plus I'm tired plus starving, plus super sad about giving up Buttons and JoJo. Perfect storm. I cried throughout dinner...cried all the way home. Wow.
Once home, we had 15 minutes before zalinkos were due over to start trick or treating. Chris said we should have a hottub. That cures everything. And I felt much better. What a brutal day ....



