Sunday, October 16, 2016

Power's down ....

I don't mind the power outs.  It encourages you to slow down and if I can have a fire, everything is all good. 

 This weekend the power went out on Friday around 2pm but came back on in time to power the carnival for the retreat..... And it stayed on until 7:30 Saturday night.... Then transformers blew as the wind howled snd snapped trees around us. 
The boys and I went down to say hi but didn't stay too long. We've all been pretty happy to hermit and eat in front of the fire and play games (they play chess-Thank you Mount Prevost chess club :-)
Chris and Jon had a pretty good time, I think, with all the storm excitement tonight. Glad everyone was safe. 
It's 2am on Sunday morning and the power just came on!  So I just went around and turned all the lights off and now Chris and I are wide awake.  But happy to have power again.