Saturday, October 22, 2016

I hate the nights ....

Since isaacs episodes 3 years ago, the nights scare me. Like the 'I am 5 years old and the shadows scare me' kind. 

Just up from a dream (nightmare).... Doctors found a mole on my neck and said it was a tumor attached to my brain. I woke up thinking it was real and you don't really get more scary than brain tumor.  But then I started thinking of our new foster kittens and thinking how sweet it was that they were sleeping at the very top of the scratching post in their too and waking now, realizing it gets them to the safest position if something was to come in through the open cat door (it's propped open so they can get to the litter box)... I didn't even think of that last night. The litterbox is secure to the house but a raccoon could push it off and get in?  Could it?  And no mama to protect them.  It just made me sad and wondered what happened to them. They were scared and hissy when we got them, but we've held them all afternoon and when I just went to check on them, I just saw 4 scared eyes looking at me, but no hissing. So I just petted them, checked the cat door (no predators), and came back to bed. Still unnerved though.  The nights are awful .... Scary thoughts come.  
But issac has this magic touch where he'll just choose a kitty to sit with him, and they just relax. He's very calming. 
They've all gotten names through the day since they were just in an abandoned box and then came to us: Buttons, JoJo, MissyHissy, and can't remember the 4th ...