Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Stairs and eyes and Tuesdays, oh my!!

Nic had an appt in town and was wanting to get stairs done before Amara's nap, so I threw on my runners and met her.  I was keen on getting them 'over with' too.   Here I had been craving a brioche since a new coffee shop that just opened put in their Instagram that they were fresh baked and waiting for customers.  When I texted this pic to Nic, she writes "nothing's tastes as good as skinny feels"...... I laughed but it's a lie. Lol. Let's do these stairs. 
Oh, did I mention that I had done stairs yesterday too? I like to get them done early in the week so I can enjoy the rest of my week. 
Then it was back to work, piano, and eye appointments. 
Turns out Isaac and my eyes are excellent, roughly 20/20, but Elliot is going to need glasses perhaps next year. He wasn't excited about this, and because we were all also starving by this point in the day, he got a bit teary in the car on the way home.  He recovered quickly and we picked up Brenna on the way home as she was spending the evening with us. Jim has appointed me her 'mentor' for this Auxano year.  She had requested pasta, which was great since dinner was ready quickly. But lucky girl, she got to hang out with an exhausted family who are and crashed on the couch after to watch AFV for the evening. Lol. Lucky girl hey? Chris had taken them caving today so I think she was pretty tired too .... Nice girl. 18 .... I remember being 18.