Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 6 in Zihua - Final full day ....

Roberto and I met for breakfast today (tuesday) to go over his brochures and marketing plan for his tour business.  It was a nice time ... he sure has to hustle ... if he doesn't work, no money comes in .... people really like him though .... proof of that was his ability to get us into the Parthenon on that private tour (there was another small group waiting to go in, but they were made to wait until we were done!)  It is all about relationships here....
After I got back, we took a combi and a chicken truck to Aquarena resort to see a friend of theirs sing



... the beach was beautiful but too rough to swim, so I hung out by the pool and read while they hung out with their friends .... I should have been a little more social because everyone really is so nice, I was just tired some solo time by the pool was nice.  I really liked their friend Cate ... such a free spirit, running her own bar, building a home here, loving on her 2 sweet pups ....


Here is mom making another batch of Kombucha ... they really work to stay on top of their health here ... it seems any little thing can do great damage when you get a little older and a bit more sensitive ... you don't bounce back as quickly as you did in your younger years ....
 Mom and I went for a walk through the streets this morning ... we went for coffee, tacos, street drinks .... met a few new friends along the way.  It is what I miss the most about this week ... everyone is so friendly and happy to see you and communicate with you.  This is a shot for my boys of all the fresh baked goodness they sell at their street front stores....
  We tried to make a point of taking in the sunset every night we could ....


 We spent the week trying to find a mojito and a fish taco as good as the ones we had on my first night.  Epic fail ... none compared... and we tried alot of mojitos and fish tacos!!  So, they indulged me and came back for my final dinner!!  sigh...I still dream of those mojitos ... fresh mint, sugar/salt rim ... oh boy.

Here is Felix ... he made my boys a couple of bracelets ... he said he was deported from Utah and his kids and wife are still there ...
 Watching another parade of the celebration of the virgin Mary ...
 The walk home ... lime gelato in hand and falling behind mom and dad .... even so late at night, it melted really quickly ...
 I got a kick out of this shot ... want to play?  Sure, just let me lay the baby down.....
Once we got home, mom headed to bed and dad and I stared at eachother ... not really ready to settle in ... being my last night, we decided to walk to the closest Mega store in search of snorkel gear for Hawaii ...surely it would be cheaper to buy in Mexico than Hawaii?  So, dad and I braved the dark streets and had a few adventures along the way .... google maps was not the strong suit but together we found the Mega sign .... almost got run over by a semi ... here is dad in his spanking new sandals ... we walked around the Mega, snorkel gear was all cheap junk, we walked around for awhile and ended up just leaving with a bottle of wine to drink on the rooftop when we got home.....
The walk home along the canal was nice ... almost ran into this gum tree which was perfect head height and would probably snag hair if you got too close to it.
Once home, we took to the rooftop and enjoyed our final night chatting about life together.