The day was spent with the boys at home in our pjs all day. I made lattes for the prep crew in the morning and ended up making them blackberry pancakes and cut up fruit for a last minute lunch - I helped with registrations that started at 4 and watched as a really nice crew of past staff arrive. I know I'm 39 .... mentally .... But I still feel 29 .... So the highlights were the amazing meal .... Seeing meg for the first time since summer .... Watching the kids enjoy their independence of staying home watching movies and coming down to camp when dinner was ready .... Chris orchestrated a super low key but beautiful night for everyone and started to enjoy the night himself - even sweating it out playing pickleball while I tried our new Dance Central 3 on the big screen! (New favorite!)
Too much food .... Literally ... Too much .... I think we will have leftovers for weeks. But Katrina was in charge and it was top notch stuff that confirmed my excitement over her agreeing to do the Woman's Outdoor retreat in may!! Even confirmed her husband Jason to run the rock climbing on the mountain ... A class that has been cancelled every year due to various reasons .. (as a side note, Meg is Katrina's sister .... It made my new years to have meg and Brett up here for New Years .... They're sleeping over)
Swing Dance lessons at 10pm .... I had a wonderful and willing partner. Hand on my back, hand in hand ... He developed some sweet moves tonight while his little brother giggled and taped him from the corner!! Ha. But it was seriously so sweet and fun to dance with him (while Chris sat in the other corner, relieved I had found a partner that wasn't him !!)
New Years toast and balloon drop at midnight.
Counting down with a few friends.
Rach came down for abit.
After some dancing to that new Taylor Swift song that everyone is loving right now ... it was time to release the lanterns!! Campers found it fun while Rach and I guarded the forest from any rogue flames (thankfully frozen trees and leaves helped) ... Oh, and Elliot semi-lite the front of himself on fire and singed his bangs and almost got another staff lite up ... Take your eyes off that kid for a second! But he recovered and hung out near the bonfire after that, playing with leftover flames from other peoples lanterns.
More 'after midnight' food and it was suddenly 1 and time to put our kids to bed. Their stamina was impressive this year ...
Happy New Year!! Here's to 2015. Cheers!!









