Management booked all our calendars off from 11:30 - 2pm for this retirement party for Peter - our Regional Financial Officer, who used to be a farmer!!! The party was western themed!!
Brenda and Nikki did an amazing job of labeling all the food in a western theme....I waited too long to get back them and so my job was to bring ketchup and mayo!!

Here is Peter giving a really great speech about his time with CLBC and also the heartwarming back story of why he joined in the first place. He said 'I don't speak of my children very often, but some of you who know me well, know that I have a son with autism'. He went on to talk about all the beginning emotions you go through as a parent when you finally settle on being able to deal with it - He told us about where his son is now, and how even with all the bull that goes on within the organization, the bottom line of what we are all doing, is trying our very best to provide care and support for people like Peters son. That is Mark, in the brown plaid, but the best part of the speech was when Peter was talking about all the people he has met over the years, like the high ranking politicians who have been in his home, and he said, 'Any day, I would prefer to sit around my kitchen table with Mark Christie, a man so full of integrity and kindness". There were a few wet eyes in the crowd.

This is Shelley - a vivacious woman who kept the comedy going through the sentimental speech. If things started getting too heavy, her horse would 'Nay!!!'....its was hilarious. Shelley was my mentor when I first started at CLBC. She has since moved on from being an Analyst to being the regional lead for employment.
Randi with Brittas new baby ..... matchie matchie.
Dianne and Peter-they used to work together years ago here in Duncan. Now I work closely with Diane and Clements....it was nice to hear her rave about the support they are now receiving from us - made me feel good.
I am going to miss Peter - he was always so patient with me and quick with a laugh. Its really a great place to work.