Friday, July 03, 2015

Elliot's early birthday with cousins - Part I

While we waited for Laura to arrive with her kids for a birthday play with Elliot, the boys and I played Blokus.  I used to love this game and taught it to them a few years ago.  However, they are older and wiser now and began to strategize together on how to block mom in!!  That's right, they totally ganged up on me.  The only thing I really have on them, is the ability to think AHEAD a few steps....so they were successful and beyond excited about blocking all my pieces, but I ended up wining in the end ... sweet revenge!!
They brought Bosun with them ... he is such a sweet pup.  He followed the kids around pretty well on the lava forest ... he seemed to be an agility natural.
As we took them around, we stumbled into the gym - the boys were excited to show their cousins all the new things their dad has been building; including the fart gun and the Viking ship!
Can't keep the kids off the piano these days ... Here is Isaac playing some Maroon 5 for auntie Laura 
Cousin swimming time !!!!  
Bosun swam with everyone, checking in to make sure everyone was safe but he carved up Elliot and Oscars backs pretty good when he got too close to them ... 
It was a fun morning with the cousins ... Glad she brought them over as Wren and Ava are both leaving for camps this week - Ava is off to Pioneer camp on Thetis Island and Wren is off to Qwanoes.... It still boggles me that neither have ever come here .... But their loss ... They have no idea what they are missing ;-)