It was pretty close to down time last night but we watched the "Western Show" :
Chris is pretty good on the mic. Here is his game of egg roulette. 13 eggs.... 10 hard boiled and 3 not!! It was pretty funny ...
As Chris kept going with program for the kids, Court and Kristin came over for drinks and a chat over the new fire pit that Carrie jimmy rigged for me!! (Can you see the fire pit in the middle of the table? so awesome). But this was the first year that all the girls weren't together this year with all their families ..... Trish had a baby (Turns out baby arrived on the night before camp, so we aren't sure why she didn't come after! lol ... kidding), and Kari has 4 boys, so she felt it was too taxing on the childcare for the role she would play at camp, which was driving boats each afternoon for roughly 4 hours ..... So, everyone sort of went their own directions this year, with promises of next year being better.....
On the Thursday, my sweet friend Linda was doing childcare for the camp, and I can't believe we waited this long, but we pawned Ellie off on them for the day ... she was WAY happier with them! Lots of little kids to play with, crafts, toys, swimming....she even made no mistakes that day!
Little side shopping trip AKA the only quality time we get to spend with Chris is locked in that car doing camp errands ... the boys make the best of it ....
Oh Maryn!! Last year you were just a sweet tiny baby who would fall asleep in my arms .. I loved your immediately! And this year, you are a teething, smiling, adorable little tot!!!! With the BEST eyebrows!!
Doesn't she just melt you??
Kristen and I were able to steal just a few minutes here and there over the week .... we share a love of the water ....
After the kids were down, we were able to go for a swim and then a long hot tub together last night. Brad talked to us through the open livingroom window for awhile which was funny .. I love talking real estate stuff ... Kristens hubby Dave is a successful realtor in Whistler ...so we talked about investments and planning for the future. We also talked about cancer, its treatments, travel, future vacations together, and it was just so good.I realize everyone looks mad in this shot, but we were all just chilling out while Ellie tried to blow the fire out!! I wish I had taken my camera out more with these kids!!! I always think of it after!!
But this morning, I opened the door to see Jack and Ellie whispering to eachother, so I went and crawled in beside them. Ellie giggled and curled in close shrieking quietly 'cuddles!!!!!', while Jack nestled his head into my shoulder ... and we all just talked for awhile. It was probably the highlight of the week .... they are such sweet kids ... Brad and I stayed up late last night too, just talking about life and I would have stayed up later had I not had a killer headache because I don't get a ton of time just with him .... but it was time well spent .... I like those three ..... a lot. I told them I wished they were staying longer and that I was going to miss them ... Jack gives the best hugs and whispers "I love this place and I will miss you too."










