Today was a turning point in my career at CLBC. The executive director of a local agency that I support was fired (effective immediately) this morning! I didn't get the details until this afternoon but I promptly had to tell my two closest workmates the news because they know, first hand, what the struggle has been for so long!!! Their reactions were appropriate and perfect!!
It really is such great news for so many people! But mainly the agency staff and the people with disabilities who are cared for by those staff!! They haven't been heard or supported for so long. The working environment within those agency walls has often been described as so toxic to work in.
Even my management has been pushing me to continue trying to build bridges with this woman, and though we've been civil, I am told she yells about CLBC the minute we hang up off the phone! I am lying here at 2am, almost giddy, that she won't be part of my work landscape anymore! I have been making the best of it, but she really was just terrible. I got a kick out of the community nurse last week, after one of our round table meetings at the hospital, we were leaving but she ran into the said director on the way out and after being jabbed with a rude statement by her, actually retorted to her face "if I had a child with a disability, I would choose to move communities rather than place them in your agency"
What a spitfire hey? Everyone feels this way but to hear someone be vocal to her face was really something else. I am excited to be in meetings where the temperature in the room doesn't drop the moment she walks in! Things are looking up!!

