Friday, July 31, 2015

Visit to the Wild Side!

This girls and I have such conflicting schedules, that it came down to me swimming across the lake to get to her one day last week when I knew she was free for an hour or so!!  The boys came along in their kayaks and played in the water while we had a little visit .....
Back at camp, while everyone is pulling their trailers, filling up ferries and traveling long distances in the heat, the boys and I enjoyed our own piece of paradise for a little while.  Campers went and had cabin time, leaving us alone on the beach for abit. 
Later that afternoon, I offered to help Aimee prep dinner at Wild Side for their campers ... they are all doing such a great job with this program.  So laid back yet structured .. kids seemed to know what was expected of them and seem very happy. 
My job was to bbq chicken ... after it was cooked, Aimee put homemade tzaziki and feta on top to melt .... greek salad and fresh naan bread .. these kids eat like kings over here!!!!
 
Dinner was ready, here is one of their campers ringing the COW BELL for mealtime!!  Everyone camp, stood in a circle and sang the most hilarious meal prayer I had ever heard .... so great.
Line up .... Isaac will be old enough for this camp next year .... I think he will actually really love it!
Q doesn't know how good she has it living here (kind of like our boys!  They know nothing else!!) ...
It was great to watch these two at work .... they are a great team.