Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Teen Camp day 2!

It was a work day for me today.  For some reason I was up at 5am.  Couldn't sleep, so I did some work and finished coloring Laura's birthday card.

My awesome sis in law stopped by to drop off a lava lamp for Elliot (who lost his mind in excitement when he saw it this aft!!).  We've all pitched in money to buy a print that we knew Laura wanted.  Unfortunatly, Laura is quite elusive, so we had to settle for dropping the print off with mike at the farm. Bummer.
I couldn't get home quick enough to play at camp with my family.  Beach time burying eachother...
Jack needed to take his swim test to get a band so he could play on the inflatables. 
He didn't hesitate ...you'd think he lives on a lake?
Swimming to shore ... He blends!
It was a pretty chill afternoon back at the house .. Jack is learning crib ... his parents are good teachers!
I enjoyed opening the Rubbermaid that my folks sent along with Carrie.  Here is my nanas jewellery box and please note my fantastic shoes ... thanks ma ... I wore them to dinner .... so did Elliot for a part of it.
This is the only time I see Chris.  Here were are sitting near the patio where he is facilitating the evening game for the campers ....
Favorite part of the evening .... MUG UP!!
Please note Ellie's smile!!

Carrie watched me make hot chocolate for 200 people .... she also 'rolled up the window' with the muffins and chocolate pudding that were out for the staff!  It was fun to be down there and have her down there too .... such a kick.  I wish her shift started on Friday!!
I am glad this pic turned out because here are all the boys playing football with Chris.  But this was around 9:30 .... pretty dark, the picture turned out pretty light.

After Chris and the kids went home, I stayed with friends and we laughed and had a really good time laying out croissants for the next morning for the campers ..... I so appreciate these moments because there are always so many people at camp, but when the people are ones who have known you and loved you for years, and shown up at your door when your babies were small, and offered to walk them around for evenings, those are the people that stay in your heart forever .... and these are a few of them.  It was a really fun night and it filled up my cup.