Friday, February 14, 2014

Feeling thankful.

Last night, we all sat down to dinner in my drive to get back to 'normal'.  And though I felt like eating nothing but fresh cucumber and pineapple, I was able to make my family an awesome meal because in these last few months, I've had help.   As I searched my veggie drawer and found it packed, I unloaded carrots and cucumber and was happy to see beets and a fresh bag of Brussel sprouts that I'll cook up tonight/ this weekend.  At 5, after I dragged myself from a shower and gotten dressed, I pulled out homemade noodles mom made last week and orange garlic chicken that Susan and I froze back in November.   Cut up some veggies for everyone else, and it was an amazing meal that everyone ate.  It was a gift that made me think of my mom all the way through. 

The whole time she was here, she made these great salads, always encouraged me to make lots of smoothies, and we just ate well.  Even now when I am totally subpar and working at half capacity, I haven't had to go buy many groceries yet.  Even the kids could throw in her chocolate (zucchini) muffins into their lunches for tommorow.  

Anyways....as I lie here at 3:30 in the morning and feel good about what my kids ate yesturday..... I am thankful for the help we had in these past 2 months and realize how much good food plays a part in showing and receiving love.  

Isaac has grown a whole centimetre in 3 weeks.... This major growth spurt-they are both growing so fast - I want to yell slow down !!!!!  Such beautiful boys .... Man, parenting is amazing and terrifying: amerifying? Can that be a word? :-)