Sunday, February 09, 2014

Not ready to not watch him.

I am aching for my room back.  To get up in the morning and not have to wait til Isaac gets up because all my clothes are blocked by his mattress beside my bed.  

I am also aching to feel like I don't have to be on a hair trigger every time I put him to bed before me.....listening for any bump or movement.  It appears that when he enters stage 2 of the sleep cycle, he gets a short seizure.  We've upped his meds and given them him earlier so this weekend is our gage.  So far not many seizures have been noted, which is wonderful.  

But that feeling of fear that you may miss something that will affect one of the most important people in your life.  I can't even stay up late to watch movies with Chris, like I usually love to do, without checking on Isaac.  Can't relax.  

So often these last 8 weeks, I have bolted out of bed to react. It's really hard to grow out of 'anticipating reaction time'.    

I so want my space back, but I can't imagine ever being ok with not having eyes on him anymore considering what we've seen this month.