Saturday, February 22, 2014

Walks, curling and chocolate mohawks....

Fridays day off; got up with Chris to drive the kids to school.  Then it was time to take over his office to get te women's retreat sessions online.  Had a nice surprise when JL showed up for a 'walk' which ended up being more of a 'Stand around and watch Everett play in puddles' kind of walk. 
Curling that afternoon.  The boys did great .... Actually played a few games.  Yes, that is my paperclip without his jacket on!  Amanda and I had a nice walk at the beginning but the poor girl tweaked her back this week so it was hard on her.   But it's always good spending time with her.  I had to laugh as we walked past a building in town that was for sale, I said 'hey, nice building, only $200,000'.... She looks at me sideways and asked if I'd bought it because years ago we walked past a house in town during our house flipping days and I showed her the house we just bought and asked what she thought?  I think she said something like it was ugly...it was then I looked at her and informed her that we had just bought it.  Oh man, we laughed.  
Sweet coaches made the kids all hot chocolate ... Which Jax spilled all over himself and the chair.  A coach came to help clean him up and was looking around for his parent.... I started looking around too until I remembered that Paul had dropped them off and left .... So he had another hot chocolate made for him which he didn't finish in time.  So, we took it with us.  Putting 5 kids into the car is no carefree task..... But once everyone was in, and we made the drive home, I realized that the cup was still on the roof.  Zalinko boys thought it was pretty hilarious to see my car with a brown chocolate Mohawk down the back....and the cup still on the roof.  Sigh. 
Saturday morning!!  
Heading into town to see Elizabeth for a much needed manicure and the boys have a drop off piano recital at 1 at Malea's.  Looking forward to getting home and putting a fire on and maybe taking the kids sledding at the BMX track maybe?!