Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday.....Trying to get back to 'normal'

I stayed home all day, but really wanted to fake out my body that I was better when the kids got home from school.  So, a shower, some vacuuming and dinner prep, and I was exhausted, but still present.

Here we are after dinner doing homework.  Elliot did a great job with his dictee (Isaac, on the other hand forgot everything he needed at home....he got into some major trouble for that - see him there with his meds and the phone?  He had to call Liam for the spelling words he needs for his test tommorow.)
Here is Elliots dictee words.  He thought he was being SO WITTY when he showed me his answer for "Je Vais" {thats so many levels of awesome, because he's right, thats how you pronounce the letter 'V'......}
He was pretty pleased with himself....he also go the word right when he spelled it out.  Smart kid...we talked as a family tonight and decided that we are going to speak more french around the house so as to help Elliot with his speaking skills.  Otherwise, he may be heading to an english school......
This did NOT help to calm the kids down tonight.....




These kids are just so happy .... love hearing them laugh and just be nuts together.  I think this whole process has been harder on Chris and I than on them....I am sure of it!!  And am thankful for that!!