It was a busy, and lovely day. Kids are happy and healthy....full of beans, just as I like them! Elliot got in the car after school, and my typical question these days was "how were you for your teacher today?" and often, the answer isn't awesome...but today he said his teacher asked what reading level he was at "7, or 8?", Elliot proudly said "11!!!" She looked narrowly at him, and said "you read to me!!"....and he did!! I think he was quite proud! She sent me an email this evening confirming this story and said his reading was such an improvement!
After work, I met Mel for lunch. It was so nice to see her face and talk about how life was going...we didn't have enough time to really touch on much! I mean, we didn't talk about Isaac, the funeral she went home for last weekend, our families, much of what has been occupying our thoughts and minds the last few months....don't get me wrong, there were no gaps or silences, just not enough TIME!!! Piano at 2:30, so I had to run!
Malea was saying that Elliot is doing really well with his piano...'since he was a little guy, he has always been very conscious of the notes on the keyboard and coincide them with the music. Isaac is working on conservatory songs now and is pretty lazy when it comes to the songs with TWO pages! "hey mom, can i just play this song once because its so long?"....oh man, he is so much like me!! But he breezes through songs and she needs to keep things fresh to keep him interested...she does a great job....I love that my kids love going to piano.
We got home and cleaned up, did homework, packed lunches, prepped dinner and headed over to Amanda's for some time together. Its so hard to carve out time with friends and kids when we work. But my kids have been asking for hers for awhile now....
After work, I met Mel for lunch. It was so nice to see her face and talk about how life was going...we didn't have enough time to really touch on much! I mean, we didn't talk about Isaac, the funeral she went home for last weekend, our families, much of what has been occupying our thoughts and minds the last few months....don't get me wrong, there were no gaps or silences, just not enough TIME!!! Piano at 2:30, so I had to run!
Malea was saying that Elliot is doing really well with his piano...'since he was a little guy, he has always been very conscious of the notes on the keyboard and coincide them with the music. Isaac is working on conservatory songs now and is pretty lazy when it comes to the songs with TWO pages! "hey mom, can i just play this song once because its so long?"....oh man, he is so much like me!! But he breezes through songs and she needs to keep things fresh to keep him interested...she does a great job....I love that my kids love going to piano.
We got home and cleaned up, did homework, packed lunches, prepped dinner and headed over to Amanda's for some time together. Its so hard to carve out time with friends and kids when we work. But my kids have been asking for hers for awhile now....
Perfect shot of this girl.....encapsulates her to a tee!!!!
Her stairs in the backyard are similar to the stairs going up to our attic...perhaps a little less steep, but still scary.....the kids used it as a toboggan run!! Here is Isaac trying to fix the edging....
And here is Elliot after his first terrifying run. I could hear them all at the top of the stairs "hey elliot, are you scared?" "YUP!!" .... and he still went! Pretty proud.....I loved watching all 4 of these kids just self regulate and play....sometimes together, sometimes seperate...they just seem to have an easy energy that is nice to be around. Amanda and I sat on the other side of the room while the boys took over the table.....fun listening to their conversation and still be able to hold one of our own......like 'old times'.....
SOAKED......
Not the best shot of either of them....but it makes my heart happy that they are still friends.....Alex is his oldest friend (next to Olivia)....I love that.





