Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday.....Salmons, Eagles and emails home from school

These boys are so full of beans these days, I am unsure of why I am not making them take the bus home after school, if only just to help them wear off some energy?  They get into the car at 2:30 and just talk and laugh and are crazy all the way that by the time I am home...my ears are bleeding.  Well, not really, but I am sick of their company often by then!!  So when we pulled into the camp this afternoon, the weather was nice, so though I had been dreaming of my bed all afternoon and not feeling too well, Chris and I walked them over to Wild Side to see the salmon running up the stream to lay their eggs.
Just moments before this shot, I saw an eagle swoop through the clearing.....the beauty never gets old.
This evening, Chris and I got a harsh letter from Elliots teacher outlining her frustration with him at school.  He is working hard at dodging his work, going to the bathroom lots, sharpening his pencils, doing sloppy work and just not listening.  Chris and I both had our turns with him talking about what we are expecting from him.  I think what I said to him really affected him and made him tear up; 'If you don't start changing your attitude and trying harder at school to do the tasks that your sweet teacher is asking, and if you don't keep up, even though we know you are smart enough, we will have to pull you from this french school to put you into an english school....which is not a bad thing at all...but you will be separated from your brother'.  Who knows what he really registered, but it sucked, and its scary to hear that your child is struggling.
Here is Chris on his turn.....got to give Elliot credit, he listened to both of us and gave us the eye contact and seemed to listen to it all.  I hope he heard us.  This is no joke....its still early enough to turn things around.  I told him he reminded me of myself as a kid, smart, but essentially lazy.  And thats how chris started his talk with him too, that elliot reminded him of himself, quiet.  (chris isn't/wasn't lazy).....
So we shall see.......he is smart, you should hear the french books he just read to me.
But we aren't on holidays anymore!!