Monday, January 20, 2014

Ready to run.

This past month has left both Chris and I ready to run.  Our ears are tuned to the slightest movement or moan, we bolt when he yells in fear of falling, falling!!  We are constantly on guard and I have only just realized it as I lay here listening to Chris snoring beside me, and Isaac very quiet on the floor beside my bed on his mattress.  Chris is asleep, we've both been awake since 4 am.... He sleeps, so I am more alert.  I can't really fall asleep with all I need to listen for.  Tuned in to hear a twitch, or a gasp, ready to launch my hand or body onto Isaac to steady him until the feeling passes and he can breath normally again.  

I can feel his unrest from here too.  He slept for much of the day, so he's probably not too tired, so we both lay here, waiting....and thinking. 

It's actually how we've unknowingly been living for almost 2 months now. 

Too tired to sleep....waiting for the next fall. 

Update: must have known it was going to be a rough night, every second hour a dizzy spell would shake him awake and we would hold into eachother until it passed.  Unbelievable.