Marg told me that even after a good scrub, the oven was pretty gross. So, I had my task. I was able to narrow one down on a used site that was very nice. However, after I put out on Facebook what we were looking for, Sharyn (Susan's (and my) friend who lives in Washington) got wind of what was needed, she emailed me that she is part of a group called Skagit for Syrians! And they would like to help buy the oven! The part that made me smile is that they have this group formed but there are no Syrians around her group to help!! So I told her we are happy to let them help our newest cowichan valley Syrians. ;-).
It's such a nice thing to see when people come together to help other people ... I sure hope Faten and her family settle in well and become happy here.
I love this shot of Faten and her mom Aisha and her son Mohamed at the Burdge Christmas. Look at Aisha's face! And I know it's all blurry but I love everyone's face as Mohamed opens his lego present and everyone is smiling ....
