Sunday, December 13, 2015

Saturday morning!! Half a day left in Old Vallarta!!

So I really wanted an authentic Mexican meal as my last meal before we left..... So I almost dragged the kids to a place I loved on the food tour which was just down the road.  Chris made a good (sarcastic) point when he said "yeah, why would we go to a place we know is awesome?" (We all had the best dinner last night, and if I was traveling alone, totally would have gone to the other place)....so we stayed at the hotel restaurant and it was amazing!!  Boys had smoothies and check out their beautiful pancakes!
And I did get my authentic Mexican breakfast!!!!  50 pesos!!! That's it!!
Chris enjoyed his breakfast but he wasn't impressed with the sausage!! Lol
We had few hours before we had to head to the airport .... So we headed out to enjoy the final day of the festival .... So many people!!

Here are some of the little kids dancing ... 
And these girls danced barefoot ... They were amazing to watch .... All heading towards the cathedral .....apparently Pope Francis was going to be in Mexico City on this day to help celebrate the final day.  7 million people are expected in Mexico City .... Million!!!!

Sadly walking back to our hotel .... Stopped for a couple shots on the molecon .... 
We had a really sweet taxi driver take us to the airport .... He was 70 years old and has 8 kids! And 23 grandkids!! One of his daughters works as a doctor at the hospital we drove past on the way to the airport .... 
We had a pic like this on our way into Mexico so I thought it was fitting we grabbed one leaving ....
Chris seemed to have fun chatting ...
I was feeling pretty sad to leave... Look at all the colour!! So much character everywhere ...
This store I thought was funny ... 
On our way to Chicago ....
Through the airport ....
Isaacs big hilarious joke!! "Hey guys!!! You should see this!!!" (And then he puts his big melon in the window so nobody can see past it)