Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Florida Everglades and Key Largo!!

We stayed in a very very tiny Worldmark in Fort Lauderdale ....Pompano Beach to be exact.  Turned out to be a studio - which often means King size bed and pull out couch ... but this one was no couch!  So the kids had to sleep on the floor which was a bummer......we were pretty tired when we arrived but still went for a walk down to the beach .... mom had packed us spaghetti and meatballs and veggies for dinner, so that was a major upside to arrive and just heat up dinner and eat!

We woke up early the next morning and headed out with the goal to hit the Florida Everglades!!
While we were getting acquainted with the park at the information centre at the entrance to the park, something unheard of happened (according to the ranger), and that was a crocodile climbed up onto the bank near the entrance of the center!!  It was awesome! Not even in the Everglades and we see one!!!!
Elliot wanted to see if he could make it move, so he spat at it .... he got in trouble for that and ended up crying he felt bad ... I don't blame him, I wanted to make it move to and would probably have looked around for something to throw near him .... we are so human!
I love rockers ....
EVERGLADES!!!!
Yup ... saw crocs ....

And turtles .....
Such a nice day with the boys ....
Leaving the Everglades I cracked the bag of veggies from mom .... was able to force them into this guy....
We drove all the way down to the Keys .... It was a little underwhelming .... it was cold and rainy and not beautiful ....
So we decided that it would be nice to head back to the boat and spend some more time with the folks while we still could.  I was thrilled with that idea .... on our way home, we stopped at this beautiful little park for a hike.
The boys and I stood together for a picture and suddenly we were swarmed by bugs that were biting us ALL!!!  So, we RAN to get away from them!!  It was brutal!
Heading to the car ....
Elliot got bitten pretty bad and immediately there were 7 bites that swelled up .... 3 on his face and 4 on his legs ... poor kid was so itchy on the way home ....
It was Mels birthday on this day ..... I sent her this picture of us...it's one of my favorites ... I am such a bully with my love and this pic shows it ALL!!!  She has had no chance/choice but to be loved by me ... poor girl!