Sunday, March 20, 2022

Day 16 - not sure we can go home?

For the most part, everyone slept well last night.  Elliot and I are camped out downstairs ….

This morning after doing some googling, we are feeling a little unsure that we will all come back with negative Covid Antigen tests on Thursday …. Thank goodness our government lifted the testing requirement for April 1st… it would only be an extra 5 days before we could come home …. So we will know more Thursday when we test but I think we need to start seriously thinking that is what will happen. Chris is already starting to feel better but isaac, as always, has gone down hard.  So we continue to feed them well and line up the boosts of vitamin C, D and Zinc which Nikki said will just help help speed them through this.  Thought I’d take a picture of this table which so well describes the current state of time right now.  

Always happy when his ducks come to visit in the morning …

I will keep reading my book …. (And looking at flights home). This is my current view - please note the hand sanitizer that I have grown to love for each of my trips up and down those stairs.

We have been on our own for most of the trip - masked up on public transportation but Chris has a theory about the ferry cabin we rented.   On both sides of the cabin, people were coughing consistently through the night.  The coughing sounded so close that we each thought the other was the one coughing.  And remember the cruise ship at the beginning of Covid? How quickly it passes through that ship?  Well if the walls sounded so paper thin that we thought it was someone in our family coughing, is it plausible that we caught something there? The timeframe would work considering symptoms showed up roughly 2-3 days later …. So that’s our theory - shouldn’t have upgraded to a cabin and should have stayed in our own little corner of the ferry on our own …. Who knows.  So curious how the rest of the day/trip will go.  For now I’ll sit in the sun and wait to run more food upstairs ….at least Elliot and I are still in the clear…

Thank you Marg for the tests!!! They apparently don’t sell the take home tests here anymore. You have to go in for your tests and results and pay around 20e so we’ll do that Thursday and will know from there. 
In the meantime, we will walk, rest and enjoy the grounds