Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Day 5 - Stonehenge

So …. We took a little drive this morning … everything is quite close …. 

When we arrived, we picked up our pass that will get us into a lot of these heritage sights around here … they put you in a bus shuttle to get you out to the site, so that’s civilized considering how cold it is!  We had the option to walk but the wind is so cold.  

Me and my love ….

Love our time together …. We were walking yesterday and I commented how glad I am that we enjoy travelling together.  That sometimes with others it gets to be too much but with us, it’s good and we can be together without getting annoyed or angry … these three guys just have such nice personalities to be with … very calm and go with the flow …. And everything is fun or funny …. It’s a real gift that I’m appreciating. 

These two are nice friends …..



After we left Stonehendge, we all had sandwiches except elliot …. He hates all sandwiches so we hit a local outdoor shop this morning and got him a warmer jacket (please note the flashlight in the hood he loved), and we got a propane tank for the stove I brought along for this very reason.   Soup for him!!!  

Then it was Old Sarum ruins …. 



These were the steps heading up to the bedroom of William the conqueror…. So much history ….



This was the moat that surrounded the castle. But instead of being filled with water, they left it empty and left blackberry bushes and clay (?i think), something to keep it slick and slippery so enemies couldn’t climb up to attack. And it never was attacked. So it worked!!

I am surrounded by such handsomeness!!!!!

Then it was heading for home … everything is so cool.  In a few days I’m sure it will be “meh, another castle….” But for now everything is still amazing. This is a just a local road …

We found a little cathedral …. (!!!)

This is the inner courtyard.  Looked like Harry Potter’s school. 

Oh, and it also held the MAGNA CARTA ….we weren’t allowed in, it was almost closing time and you had to buy tickets to get into this inner room.   So Chris and I left to find bathrooms and when we came back we lost the boys.  Finally we see elliot and he waves us into this little room and we find isaac talking up this old man who is telling him all about the history of the Magna Carta and then isaac brings us into this little dark tent that is holding the document (no pictures allowed as it’s such an old document)….

I find out later isaac can’t read lol. And he took a picture!

Isaac is texting Simone around this time, who is at school, and says guess what I’m looking at!!  Lol.  I love just stumbling around with these 3 …. Magna Carta …. Who knew?