Isaac had a few seizures through the night, but despite that, everyone slept well. But when isaac woke up in the morning he knew he was going downhill. His throat started hurting yesturday and he was hoping it would go away but nope …. Worse today. And he would continue to go down hill through the day …. He’s a trooper though … we all got down to the rental car to head back to the train station in Caen. We needed food though. So we went to a cafe. When we walked in the welcomed us, and proceeded to lead us to a table and remove all the cutlery and the menus. We were allowed to order drinks but no food options were forthcoming. It was 10:30 - to French people not eat at that time either? We learned that kitchens closed at 2 and then only reopened at 4 for crepes and coffees, and then dinner options would be available after 8…. But what about breakfast? So we paid our bill for our tiny drinks (I have yet to get a satisfying size of coffee … they are all tiny and agitating!!). So we saw a subway and descended on the poor subway employee. We did lots of pointing and broken French and spent $50 on sandwiches to take on the train trip. After we dropped our rental car, we headed for our train.
Isaac was feeling rough and sucking on lozenges but still upright at this point.
Elliot always the steady trooper … but always looking for a Pepsi, my phone or his switch.
Best way to travel. Wifi on the train … lots of room …
Once we landed in Paris, we had to leave the train station, cross busy downtown Paris for the underground that would take us out of the city to our villa. The streets were busy and French and nobody looks at you and smiles. And we are dragging our luggage and it took everything to find the underground after walking a few blocks. But we got on and had 14 long stops to go. Poor isaac melted ….
Once we landed, the train drops us at Disney lane (which was also a punch in the face because the weather was gorgeous and the entrance was right there!!! But we had to find a bus for the last 3 km to our hotel. After doing a round and being directed wrong by someone who looked like they knew what they were talking about, it was elliot who saw our bus. We raced to get on and then the young driver decided he wanted to get off the bus for a quick vape. Barely holding on by now, we are all dreaming of the home base that would almost be ours. We got dropped off a couple blocks past the Marriott so we had to walk all the way back. And then once I checked in, I swear they looked at us and thought “they’d probably love the back of the resort, they could use a long walk”…. But we finally arrived. Here is our home base for the week.
Chris and isaac just dropped their suitcases and went upstairs and fell into bed. Oh yea, Chris started going down too. Did I mention that? So, I did laundry all afternoon with a dryer that wouldn’t stay on and the lint trap was gone so our socks and things kept getting stuck in it - but by bedtime everyone had clean laundry. Elliot and I walked for food supplies when we arrived … took a wrong turn and walked double the length to get back but the sweet boy took the backpack and the extra grocery bag and carried it all. Such a sweet boy. So he and I are here. Camped downstairs while isaac and Chris and are quarantining and sleeping upstairs. I went out this morning and got more necessities and vitamins to boost their immune system but this is what I am looking at now while I finally have my own lunch. Egg sandwhich (that makes me think of dad)…. Vitamin c, D, zinc…. Masks and antigen tests ….
Elliot is happy in his bed/livingroom …
I’m doing well … still feeling good and well exercised from all the trips to the grocery store on foot and running things up and down (I miss having one level units!)…
I can deal with the view …
Both are eating and sleeping and in decent spirits. I just hope we can all test negative next Thursday when we need to come home.