I came across a family who had just moved and was getting rid of the leather chair that went with their couch but there was no room for it in their new home. The picture looked nice and I gave a quick phone call (always call if it's something you are really interested in, email says "meh, if you have time, respond".).
Turns out he had just put the picture up but he was out in Saltaire. I thought, well, the picture looks good and I have no idea who this could be for (I was initially thinking camp lobby or even neighbors, but they are looking for recliners...) but I thought I'll head out to see.
The ride out was beautiful. Such gorgeous countryside. When I arrived, the chair was in his carport. And it was beautiful. Overstuffed and no rips or tears or wear! I sat down, expecting at least a spring in my bum, I mean who gives away a gorgeous leather chair with no issues? Turns out this guy does!!! It was a total score.
Oh, he also gave me this fruit? Starts with a P and it's supposed to be a hybrid of a pear and an apple. It wasn't very good.
When I got home, Chris laughed and said 'what now?'.... I love that he just helped me get it down, didn't even ask the cost, just a good sport.
We put the green leather recliner in the boys room (I was thinking of lending it to neighbors because I know they are looking for ones like it, but we have logged so many miles on that chair with our growing babies, and it was a gift from both our parents ... I'd be heartbroken if anything ever happened to it.



